Classes run continuously, there are no "sessions", and
you don't have to wait months to grapple live or spar. Feel free to jump in and start anytime.
The sparring and live grappling will be supervised at all times to ensure your safety.
In addition to the formal class schedule there are
also periods of time when the mat is open and there is no
instruction. Call to schedule Private lessons. The weights and cardio equipment are available anytime during open business hours.
The following classes are available at varying times throughout the week and on weekends:
- Mighty Mites
- Class designed for 3 and 4 year olds. Basic introductory class that is 1/2 hour long.
- Kids 'Team Excel'
- Intended for 5 year olds through young teens depending on maturity
level and size. This class will also stress "stranger danger" putting
much more emphasis on abduction prevention and ways to fight back.
Teaching the comprehensive martial art of Kenpo which entails kicking,
punching, knees, and elbows. The instructor has incorporated grappling
(ground fighting) into this class to make it a more well rounded
- Kids Kombatives
- Kids learn advanced drills combining all skill sets and using full protective gear.
- Entails eye gouges, kicks, punches, knees, and elbows. This is not your traditional karate. Strictly for street self defense, taught in the form of techniques. There are no forms or katas. Will include hands on practice with other classmates or the instructor for a more complete and thorough understanding of the use of each technique. Currently offered only through private lessons.
- Boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing
- An intense cardio workout that will include punching, kicking, knees
and elbows and the clinch. Those interested in boxing will focus only
on punching. All skill levels.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- We are part of the Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu Network. The first part of
class will consist of takedowns (controlled, so injuries do not occur),
working into a dominant position to a submission. Submissions include
chokes, neck cranks, shoulder locks, arm and wrist locks, and finger
manipulation. Leg locks, ankle and foot locks and anything else that is
applicable. All skill levels.
- Sambo was developed in the early 1920s by the Soviet Red Army to improve their hand-to-hand combat abilities. This class will start out with practicing a take down, followed by a submission hold, focusing mainly on leg locks and lower half of the body submissions. Live grappling will round out the end of class. This class is for the advanced practitioner and is by invite only.
- Sparring / Circuit
- This is a very intense, hard class that is mandatory for those who
are going to compete. All are welcome for an intense workout but only
for those who are mentally prepared to be pushed beyond their comfort
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA or NHB)
- Mixed Martial Arts (otherwise known as ultimate fighting) instruction
geared for no holds barred competition to include a hard cardio
workout. Punches, knees, kicks, elbows, the clinch, take downs and all
aspects of ground fighting will be covered. We offer MMA for those who wish to compete and another class for those who do not want to compete, but want the same knowledge and skills as professional fighters.
- Kettlebell 300 workout with a few rounds of Muay Thai Kickboxing.